Develop your skills as a GPN and work with experienced nurse peers.
This programme is for NMC Registered Nurses and Nursing Associates who are either newly qualified, or new to general practice wishing to develop their skills and progress their career within primary care.
- Hold a substantive role in Greater Manchester
- Are newly qualified or qualified within last 12 months
- Have joined Primary Care within the last 12 months from another discipline
- One session a week protected learning time
- Guarantees a level of support, learning and flexibility
- Leadership skills and quality improvement training
- Includes Cytology and Immunisation and Vaccination training
The GPN Foundation course is a 15-week taught skills course in general practice nursing. Delegates will gain skills essential to primary care, gaining experience, building confidence, enhancing the patient journey and the delivery of care within their daily practice. This foundation skills course supports personal and professional development, providing the basis for safe and effective care delivery, supporting the transition into primary care. Delegates will actively participate in their learning and are encouraged to share knowledge and experiences with peers and colleagues. Experienced GPNs will support the course and offer guidance and support throughout the programme.
- Chronic Disease Management
- Family Planning
- Female Health
- Immunisation Vaccination Training
How to apply
The GPN Foundation course intake starts in January 2024. If you are ready to apply then please complete the registration form and email it to [email protected]
If you have any questions please contact Kathryn Arrowsmith, Moira Ogunsakin, Lyndsay Higgins and Elona Williams by sending us an email at [email protected], alternatively, we are happy to discuss any questions or queries you may have to support you on the next step of your journey.