What is it like to become a Practice Nurse?
Nurses are an important part of delivering care in general practice. An increasing shift of care from hospitals to general practice provides nurses with a really exciting career choice.
Some of the key duties of a receptionist include:
- Obtaining blood samples
- electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- minor and complex wound management including leg ulcers
- travel health advice and vaccinations
- child immunisations and advice
- family planning & women’s health including cervical smears
- men’s health screening
- sexual health services
- smoking cessation
- screening and helping patients to manage long term conditions